Facts about coconut
It’s no secret that we are completely obsessed with organic coconut oil! Which is why we chose to develop our 99.9% Natural skin care range around this amazing ingredient!!
Nature has provided us with some pretty amazing ingredients that effectively hydrate, nourish and protect our skin. We have carefully selected many of its finest to create our skin care range. Which uses 99.9% naturally derived ingredients and nothing else! No unnecessary chemical fillers, just the highest quality natural & certified organic ingredients that will leave your skin feeling healthier and softer than you ever thought possible.
Why organic coconut oil?
Organic virgin coconut oil is its raw form is totally pure & clean making it the perfect ingredient to cleanse, hydrate, soften and moisturise your skin.
Dehydration is a common cause for skin problems, as well as bad bacteria, fungi and a build up of toxins. Coconut oil is highly hydrating and helps to cleanse and neutralise these toxins, bacteria and fungi on the outer layers of your skin, which not only detoxifies but also helps to build your skins natural immune system and protection.
How does coconut oil moisturise the skin?
Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids (MCFA’s) which are also found in our natural skin oils. These MCFA’S are naturally, anti fungal, anti- bacterial and anti-viral.
When coconut oil is used topically as a skin moisturiser, it nourishes and hydrates the skin by replenishing these all important natural skin oils.
Are your products suitable for all skin types?
All skin types are different, and although our products are made only using ingredients which are 99.9% derived from Nature, we recommend a patch test is carried out to ensure our products are suitable for you.
Please feel free to read the ingredients and product reviews to see if you feel our products will be suited to your skin type.
Facts about organic bamboo
- Unbelievably soft and silky with a natural sheen to the surface making it feel similar to silk and cashmere.
- More breathable, thermal regulating and comfortable than cotton, or any other synthetic fiber. Which is incredibly important, especially in newborns – as it also has the ability to keep your baby cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Highly absorbent, and wicks water away from the body 3-4 times quicker than cotton – and doesn’t stick to the skin. This is because of bamboo fibres unique cross section which is composed of a matrix of various microscopic gaps – allowing the fabric to absorb and evaporate perspiration faster than any other fabric. Bamboo is the fastest growing plan in the world today, having the ability to grow 3 feet in just 1 day, and do not require fertilisers or pesticides – making it naturally organic, and therefore good for the environment.
- Naturally Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. This is because of a bacteriostatis agent which is unique to bamboo plants called ‘Bamboo Kun’ which helps resist harbouring odours, as well as odour producing bacteria from growing and spreading in the fibre – making it a much more hygienic fabric. With a test carried out on Bamboo fibre by the Japan Textile Inspection Assoc. Found that after 50 washes, the fabric could still eliminate over 70% of bacteria which was purposely incubated onto the fabric. This also helps bamboo from harbouring odours.
- Extremely durable, wash after wash, dry after dry. This is because it is made from the fibres of bamboo shoots which have been matured for at least 4 years, making them strong and versatile.
- Naturally UV protectant. So you can be sure your babies skin will be protected from harmful UV rays when wrapped in our bamboo wraps.
- Naturally hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial, bamboo prevents allergies and skin irritations, and is a great choice for parent that face the challenges of sensitive skin conditions in their children such as eczema.
- Bamboo thrives naturally without the use of pesticides or fertilisers, and is also 100% biodegradable making it not only the best choice for your babies delicate skin, but also for the environment.
Why buy organic?
ChamonixRain Organics is an affordable baby essentials range, dedicated to providing the highest quality eco-friendly materials such as 100% certified organic cotton and Bamboo. So you can begin your babies life with the purest of surroundings that comes with organic baby products – the way nature intended it.
All materials are tested and certified by IMO, GOTS, OEKO-Tex Standard 100, which means the item has been grown according to strict uniform standards that are verified by independent state or private organisations. Certification includes inspections of farm fields and processing facilities, detailed record keeping, and periodic testing of soil and water to ensure that growers and handlers are meeting the standards that have been set. This is extremely important to us, as it ensures all of our textiles are safe and suitable for use in all products designed for your baby.
Why you should choose organic baby products:
Our skin which is the largest organ in the body and readily absorbs toxic chemicals that it comes into contact with. Once chemicals have entered the body they are absorbed into the blood stream where they circulate and can have harmful effects on your whole body. As much as 60% of what we put on our skin is absorbed into our bodies. Babies and children are more at risk because their skin is 5 times thinner.