The ChamonixRain Organics
COCONUT KONJAC SPONGE
The Konjac Sponge has an amazing history!
The wonderful Konjac Sponge is made from natural Konjac root, which is a porous vegetable that grows in Asia where the sponge originated. They were created for Japanese farmers, as a way to cleanse a baby’s skin. Proving this to be a much gentler way to exfoliate dead and dry skin from your face and body.
Shapes of our Coconut Konjac SpongesWe have created two shapes and sized sponges which are safe for use on all ages.
1. Our Half Ball Konjac Sponge is the ideal size for babies, younger children and for your face.
2. Then there is our Wave Konjac which is perfect for a full body exfoliation.
So, you may be thinking “You're saying this product is great and will make you feel great, but where is it from? What is it?”
Here are a few interesting facts you may want to know about this wonderful product.
What is a Konjac ?
Konjac sponges are made from Natural Konjac which is a porous root vegetable which is naturally enriched with vitamins A, C, D, E, B1, B2, B6, B12, Folic Acid as well as a number of essential minerals including Potassium, Zinc, Magnesium and Copper.
As mentioned above, Konjac is derived from Asia and can be found growing wild at very high altitudes. There’s a lot of natural and amazing benefits that come from this amazing natural ingredient. It is 97% water, which no one can ever get enough of, and is rich in amazing minerals and is low in calories.
They were invented by Japanese farmers and was used originally to wash and cleanse babies and young children’s skin because of how natural, safe, and effective it is on everyone's body not just babies to gently exfoliate the skin. This amazing product will also balance your skins pH levels whilst being gentle on the skin.
Not only is it great for your skin, it has been used as medicine, food, as a dieting aid, and as a beauty product.
Our Konjac Sponge is Australia's First Product !!
We are incredibly proud to develop our Coconut Konjac Sponges, which are an Australian First product. These nutrient enriched sponges have been supercharged with the added skin vitamins and minerals of coconut powder, which is rich in fatty acids, vitamin E and antioxidants which do wonders for your skin.
Our sponges work beautifully in conjunction with our range of Natural Coconut Washes to help create a luxurious lather on the skin whilst offering a gentle skin exfoliation.
It’s Environmentally Friendly!!
You can now recycle your plastic Loofah and sponges. Not only is it negatively affecting the environment, it’s not doing the work that the Konjac sponge can do. Our Sponges are 100% natural, biodegradable, and compostable. We wanted to give our customers something that can replace your normal plastic loofah with something that still does an amazing job, but is environmentally friendly.
Konjac sponges will give your skin a gentle daily exfoliation for that healthy glow you’ve been searching for!!
Gentle exfoliation of your skin on a daily basis using our Coconut Konjac sponges will help to unblock your pores and remove any excess dirt and dead skin cells that build up. This allows your skin to absorb the vitamins and minerals found within our nutrient enriched Coconut Konjac sponges and our plant based skincare products. Resulting in a clearer skin that looks and feels beautifully soft and healthy.
After one use, you’ll notice the smooth and glowing complexion you’ve always wanted. Whether you use it on your young children or on your skin which needs more nourishment and attention to gently lift and remove dead skin cells to reveal healthier and more hydrated skin.
We guarantee you will fall in love with this product as much as we have, and wonder where it has been all your life 😀.
Key Features of our Coconut Konjac Sponges:
- 100% Natural
- Made of natural fibres from the root of the Konjac Vegetable
- Softer than a loofah and finer texture than a washcloth
- Cruelty free and vegan friendly
- Safe for all skin types including babies and those with sensitive skin
- Cleanses and exfoliates the skin without irritation
- Biodegradable and compostable
- Naturally pH balanced
- Cleanses pores eliminating dirt and oil
- Safe for daily use
- Packed with vitamins, minerals & antioxidants
- Infused with coconut powder
- Australian first product
How to use your Coconut Konjac Sponge:
1. Soak the sponge in warm water for 2-3 minutes or until it has completely softened and expanded to approximately one and a half times its original size.
2. Once softened, gently squeeze between the flattened palm of your hands pressing out ALL excess water. It is important that you DO NOT ever twist or wring your sponges as this may cause damage to the delicate Konjac fibres.
3. Lightly massage the hydrated sponge over your skin in a circular motion to gently cleanse and exfoliate your face & body. Use on its own with water or together with our Natural Coconut body washes / your favourite natural cleanser to create a luxurious lather.
4. Rinse THOROUGHLY under warm running water ensuring that you also gently press out ALL excess water after each use.The sponge will naturally shrink and harden when dry.
5. Store and hang the sponge in a WELL VENTILATED area out of direct sunlight. Ensuring it is hung NOT directly touching any surfaces.
6. Replace every 4-6 weeks, depending on use and care. Being 100% plant based it will naturally decompose over time.
7. Optional: Sterilise in boiling water once a week
You may also choose to store in the fridge in between uses.